Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter Weekend Sleepover!

Easter weekend we decided to pack up and go to St.George for a couple days (We were so busy visiting with family I am really sorry that we didn't get to see you Mary Ann! ;( Next time, yeah? !!)

Needless to say the girls liked thier Easter Baskets! :D And Sam obviously LOVED his new Cars books- this is how I found him when I woke up! I know I got way too much candy...but Costco is evil that way! Anyway...is a 6lb bag of little chocolate bars really too much? My tummy says NO! But my backside says YES...duh! ;) Even though we had to bring all the Easter treats and stuff for sleeping over, I tried to pack lightly and I think I did a good job...if I do say so myself.
Lucky for us Josh's parents own a really nice little (extra) park model home that is empty (currently for sale) and so we had our very own 'tiny house', or as the kids called it a 'borrowed house'...LOL! It was nice to have our own space to spread out and put all our junk in empty closets...so Sam took advantage of all that empty cupboard space to play 'IN' the kitchen cupboards!!
The girls LOVE to play dominos with Grandma, such fun. Sam just likes to steal the dominos that the girls are playing with while they are in the middle of a game, little brothers are SO helpful!
We went to a VERY fancy restaurant, you may have heard of it...Denny's? Yeah, we are so high-brow! ;) Hey, if you want yummy pancakes, bacon, sausage, and scrambled eggs for lunch where else should you go? Izzy had fun eating almost as much as the other kids did...and I mean she ate almost the same amount of food, not just the same enjoyment! HA!! Then the little Biscuit LOVED having Amanda put my sunglasses on her, super cute huh?! :D
This is Nali, Sam absolutely L-O-V-E-S this dog! She is an absolute sweetie, Nali and the kids really have fun together whenever we visit. The only problem is that Sam has inherited some of my allergies...so I carry the brilliant invention of Benadryl Quick Dissolve Strips- thus preventing the inevitable hives and puffy eyes after Sam rolls around on the floor with Nali! Thank You Benadryl!!!!!!!
So, our Easter weekend was wonderful, mostly because it was so really great to see family! ;)
I hope The Bunny treated your kids well too, and that they were able to come down from the sugar-rush long enough to appreciate the REAL reason for this wonderful holiday!!
(hummm...I think I will go snag myself a mini-chocolate bar!)

3 comments:

farmgirl said...

*Sob, sob...I have to admit that my jaw dropped and I had to wipe away a tear or two after getting a blow like that--but I'm going to be okay, I think. JUST KIDDING!! It's all good! :D No worries, we two shall meet--we have a whole summer to fill!! :)
Your Easter looks super fun! I love the borrowed house--so nice to have a little space.
And that fancy restaurant looks divine! Taking the kids out is an adventure to say the least--we, too must choose our destinations wisely.
Next year my plan is to steal and stuff as much candy on the day of as I possibly can--hopefully making myself totally sick, then maybe I won't keep foraging on it for the rest of the week. ;o)

Undaunted said...

Man chocolate even sounds good when you are going through sweet withdrawals. *sigh* Trying to be healthy is no fun sometimes. Sounds like you all had a great easter. I love the picture of Sam and Nali, I can't decide who would get the ball first. :)

Randi said...

We love easter around here! Looks like yours was Fab and warm!!