Saturday, March 19, 2011

How to Corral Thomas

We have SO many videos!  Last year we finally found an inexpensive DVD shelf unit that would hold ALL of our movies with some room to grow.  It isn't beautiful, but it works and we could afford it! :)  Amazingly we are OUTGROWING IT!  SHEESH!!!  It has 18 cubbies that each hold about 21 regular-sized DVD cases = 504 total capacity.  Sick, right?  Well, we have a FULL cubby of Scooby-Doo movies/TV shows on DVD, one chock full of Barbie movies and one bursting with Thomas the Train videos!  While I was perusing the Dollar Store I found a cheapie little CD case that holds 24 discs...PERFECT!  I know you can buy a huge book to hold all the DVD's, but that would be unwieldy, expensive, and I want to keep them on this shelf for now.  There are also cases specifically for DVD's- but they are expensive and I don't need the inserts for these sets of discs.  We have seen them all a jillion times...we know ALL the details on each and every one of them!  So I am chucking all the cases and using it to turn this:

Yes, they are OFTEN in a pile on the floor.
This was NOT staged at all...*sigh*

You see Sam also loves to use the Thomas DVD cases
to build bridges and tunnels for his train tracks....see:

Welcome to my life.

Anyhow, one measly little dollar turned that big mess into:

Ahhhh, isn't that nice? 
Now we have room to grow! 
I know this cheapy little case won't last forever,
but I also know that for the $1 it cost me
I could buy 15 of them for the price of a 'nicer'
one that would still eventually get ruined
by my destructive kiddos!

Genius...I know.

Now I just need to do this for the Scooby and Barbie collections!
:D

No comments: