(that is right, don't die, or pass out in shock- this is two posts in as many days! Weird, I know!)
"Are you MAD?
You don't know the power of Styrofoam!"
-Bolt
WE have a problem. It is certainly a problem that many of you have, or have had, as well. We have too many stuffed animals. I swear that we get rid of some every time we clean the kids rooms....and I double swear that I don't buy any new ones...
WHERE IN THE FREAK ARE ALL THESE STUFFED TOYS COMING FROM?
[breathing erradically w/wild crazy eyes]
[strangling noises]
Give me a sec....OK....I have control again....sortof.
Anyhoo, I once heard a great idea for storing these minions of the devil...oh, um...I mean the stuffed toys that the kids DON'T want to get rid of (not that it would matter anyway... EVIL MAGICAL CURSE! ) I read that a great storage technique was to use an empty beanbag to store them in, so the toys are the padding for the chair, and when the kids want to play with them...PRESTO! unzip and there they are! Kinda cool and multi purpose, don'tcha think?
I have pondered this organizational tip several times, but never acted on it. Just yesterday the girls room was perfectly clean [contented sigh] except the stuffed animals that had taken up residence in thier beds were now all piled up in the corner of the room (see above pic)...I decided that NOW was the time to act! We already have two kid-sized bean bags...no room for more, or money to spend on more un-needed beanbags...so I figured: How hard can it be to empty & wash two red beanbags then restuff with toys? I will let this picture tell my tale:
Explanation:
I got the itch to do this awesome reorganizational feat and proceeded to get out the beanbags and start to try to empty the first one into a garbage bag...the above pic was what happened after only emptying it halfway!!! My BIG mistake, aside from trying to fill the stupid bags without any help (dumb), was trying to do this when my two youngest were awake and in the same room with me! DUH!! Sam and Izzy "helped" me so much that it took about 15 full vacuum canisters of styrofoam balls and what seemed like forever crawling around on the floor vacuuming under every piece of furniture downstairs to clean the mess up. Sam was even good enough to run through the kitchen, over by the computer, and down the hall to the bathroom for me...while covered in static-electricity-charged-&-flying styrofoam balls.
Sam and Izzy did have a BLAST playing in the mess, Izzy first had to determine if they were edible, and luckily she found them yucky- Sam pretty much treated it like snow, I swear he was trying to make an angel on the carpet! :D So funny! Remember like I said before- these pics are only after the first 1/2 of one beanbag was emptied (well only the part I didn't get in the garbage bag is on the floor) imagine this mess multiplied by about 5 or 6 times, then imagine that Sam decided to EMPTY about half of one of the FULL garbage bags of balls I had put on the couch. Wow....it was QUITE a night! :D I wish I had gotten a pic of the REALLY big mess!
I did manage to have one mental inspiration though, I thought to wipe down my hands and the outside of the beanbags with Dryer sheets to 'uncling' the little devils...worked SUH-WEET! :D So maybe my brain isn't totally missing...maybe. Although I did find some satisfaction to vacuuming Izzy and Sam...yep, you read correctly, I vacuumed my kids...and they LIKED it!!! LOL ;)









4 comments:
ROFLOL...I vaccum my kids every time they get their hair cut. Things are just easier that way. :D
That is so funny!! I have never heard of that stuffed animal trick... it sounds like a great idea, except for the emptying the bean bag part!! At least the kids had fun!
Wow! Sounds like fun...ha ha! I hate the staticky cling of styrafoam! I have that same stuffed animal infestation though! I even have a big box out in the shed that never got open since we moved here! I should just take it to the D.I. without even opening it...we haven't missed it in 2 and a half years! :)
Oh.My.Gosh.
That is just about the funniest thing I have ever seen. I am loving the pictures and am trying to get a visual of your kids and their snow day...I love it! You completely crack me up!!!
Post a Comment