Thursday, June 18, 2009

I'm BaaaAAAaaack...

OK my friends...we were gone for two weeks on 'vacation' to Northern Idaho...it was totally crazy and really fun! We only flew back into town last night so today I was planning on uploading the over 400 pics (don't worry you will not be subjected to all of them...1/8 at most...maybe 1/4...or perhaps half...) and posting all about our trip! :D Buuuuuuut...
Well, my hubby was here all my his lonesome for the whole two weeks...
so there were dishes to be done, ants to kill, plants to revive, not to mention our bags to be unpacked! Even with those pesky chores I probably could have beaten the bloggin' horse, but Izzy had other ideas:
(cue scary music...)
Our cute not-so-little Chubba Lubba went down for her nap just as easy as usual (I LOVE it that my kids sleep well!) A few hours later I heard her bumping around in her crib, so I grabbed the vacuum to de-gunkify Amanda and Em's room before I grabbed Izzy from her room. As I walked by her door I smelled something...bad...nasty...unpleasant! UGH! I thought "WOW, that is one nasty diaper!" I hurried and vacuumed picked up some stuff and then went into get Izzy...
oh...the HORROR....
the SHAME...
the NASTINESS...
the //shiver// smell of the...of the...
THE POOP!!!!
THE POOP!!!!!!!
THE POOP!!!!!!!!!!!
ACK!!! *gag/dry-heave*
My beautiful little daughter had taken her diaper off...it was up on her pillow, white & clean and as fresh as the morning...while everything else she could reach: her bed, blankets, crib rails, pillow, wall, clothes and her WHOLE body from from hair, face, arms, hands (and I mean in between her fingers and under her fingernails) & legs down to her chubby toes were covered in Poo!!!!!!!!!!!!! (yes... I said POO)
AAAAAaAAAAArrrrrgggggghhhhh!!
Needless to say our afternoon consisted of a massive cleanup effort! I had to bathe her three times to get her all the way clean...and she hates the bathtub, always screams the whole time and desperately wriggles to get out- makes it SO much easier for me to hold onto her chubby soapy fatness...*sigh* It is like trying to wrestle a greased 30 pound balloon full of jello...
Heck, even I felt absolutely contaminated after the experience! I had to take a shower afterwards! We had to wash all the bedding and clothes(obviously), wash the wall, and since our crib is the Jenny Lind style(you know...with fluted slats?), we had to wash each crib slat individually...then we ran the carpet cleaner all over the floor...just to be safe! It took HOURS for the smell to clear out!
UGH, WRONG...so wrong...so very wrong...
Soooooo you all understand why I didn't have the time or energy to create the longer more interesting and photo filled vaca blog entry. (Even I, who take WAAAAY too many pics, did NOT get photo documentation of todays 'crappy' *snort* fiasco, I don't need a pic, it is burned into my brain...and I mean do you really want to see me holding a squirmy baby covered in Poo? Nope, didn't think so! btw..I may have to burn those clothes! LOL)
Since I am SURE you don't know how you can go on with your life without hearing about my OH so exciting and action-packed trip I will try to get it done soon...but with these wretched kids around here? Well, I will do my best...but lets not hold our breath, shall we? ;)
P.S. In case I didn't say it before...children are seriously disgusting! :D

4 comments:

Casie said...

Gross!!! Brig did something extremely similar to Izzy just a few months ago, and I was severely suffering from morning sickness, so to deal with it was an absolute nightmare! I feel your pain so much! People asked me if I took pics to document and I was like, why on earth would I want pictures of that? Blah, gag...anyway, can't wait to see your pics from your trip!

Undaunted said...

ROFLOL Ahhh the adventures in toddlerhood. Brings back so many "fond" memories. You blessed woman you! Now you have some serious amunnition to bribe Miss Izzy with in her teen years. Life is good, egh? LOL

Mica said...

I think anyone with children has experienced something similar and if they haven't they should consider themselves extremely LUCKY! ;) When we lived in Cedar I did almost the same thing walking past the bedroom and cringed as the smell of poop eminated from it! Tyler had taken his diaper off and was smearing it all over carpet, dresser, toys, bed, etc...and best of all....Mikelle (about 7 months old at the time) was eating it! YUCK! I about died! I may have cried....I don't know...I've tried to block out that memory! LOL! I feel for ya! Good Luck recuperating from your vacation! :)

farmgirl said...

Yay!!! I'm so glad you are back! My blog missed you dearly. :o)

That is seriously one disgusting story, kids can be so gross. I have enlisted duct tape as one of my best friends when I have had my little lovelies do the same thing...over and over again! Ugghhh!!!

So excited to hear all about the vacay, my friend! Go ahead and take a moment to breathe (now that the air is clear), we'll wait.

:o)