Well, for years I have been trying to get Sam to LIKE taking a bath. He HATED baths when he was a baby (Izzy is the same way now) He just has never gotten into it. Weird, huh? Why, you ask? Well, he just likes dirt I guess...obviously- you should have seen his feet...{{shudder}} I would swear that Amanda and Emily are part fish with how much they love that good 'ol H2O! Yet it was always a bit of a struggle to get Sam to take a bath, and he never wanted to stay in very long. Well for his Bday in June (Yeah, it has taken me awhile to post about this...so what ELSE is new? ;) I found this very cute little 'car wash' bath toy and I thought...PERFECT!!! Now Sam will have something fun to do in the bathtub, since he LOOOOOVES cars perhaps he will be more willing to bathe!
Oh, boy....I was sooooooo right...too right it turns out!
Sam LOVES to take baths now. He wants to 'go in the water' every day. He asked to take a bath about every 15 minutes all day long for weeks after he got this new toy!
Now when Amanda or Emily are home and can take a bath with him, I just leave them to it, and check in every few minutes. But when it is just me and the two little ones, I can't just leave Sam in the bathtub! I gotta be there...sitting on the bathroom floor...for an hour...every morning... That kid is going to make me even crazier than I already am!!! Not only did he pester me to take a bath, he dragged this dripping wet bathtoy all over the house, there wasn't a dry seat in the house for awhile!
C'est la vie I guess! It is one of those times that when it rains it pours...bathwater that is!
...on the bright side at least he is clean now! LOL ;o)









3 comments:
LOL It does seem to be all or nothing with kids. And your right clean is defenetly better than dirty. :)
Hooray for clean!!
You, if fact, are a genius for getting that toy-which, BTW does look awfully fun. Don'cha just love it when a great idea turns around and bites ya in the rear? Sam is so darling, he and Grant NEED to meet!
They are so close in age and would have an absolute blast digging in the "mining operation" the boys have created in the back yard. So, get on up here!!!
The fish-like children can swim and the ground dwellers can dig and swing and the baby can have a grand old time eating wood chips!
It's a win/win situation for everyone! :D :D :D
Will was scared of lying down in the bath, so his hair was never washed well until recently. Congrats on the successful weight loss. Rec center pilates starts this week if you're interested...
Post a Comment