Thursday, January 22, 2009

It's a good thing chubby is adorable...

Yesterday I took Izzy in for her Well-Child appointment. OK, so it was for her 6 month check-up and she is 7 1/2 months old- it isn't like we had anything crazy or time-consuming happening around here the last six weeks...(I refer you to the last few posts...)

Today I just felt like celebrating the adorable fat cuteness of this beautiful baby! She is currently weighing in at 24lbs 6oz and is 29 inches long...yes, I am NOT kidding! She is around the 95th percentile in weight...for a 12month old... HA!! You know that chart that the Dr's use to show you where your child ranks in comparison to the average weights and lengths of kids...Yeah, Izzy has NEVER been on that chart! :D She started life at 10 lbs 12oz, and has stayed 'off the charts' since. It is more important that her growth curve stays consistant, which it has, so our Pediatrician says that she is certainly very healthy...just a very big girl! :D
I am always surprised when I see Izzy in just her diaper...SHE IS SOOOO FAT! Man is she one chunky-monkey/little girl, um...I mean NOT-so-little girl! :D I like to call her the "Michelin Baby"- you know that silly character for Michelin Tires? Yeah, either that or the Sta-Puft Marshmellow Man from Ghostbusters...it is a toss up! :D

I also think that it is funny that when she is sitting up with only her diaper on...you almost can't even SEE the diaper, makes me laugh almost every time! :D

The above pic would be part of WHY she is so chubby, that chick LOVES her food! She especially loves Sweet Potatoes! It is funny that all my kids, as babies, loved Sweet Potatoes- yet now that they are older if I try to give them sweet potatoes they look at me like I am trying to poison them. *sigh*
I was lucky that I was able to nurse our first three kids for a full year each, but with Izzy she is just SO impatient!! She has had several headcolds over the past few weeks- so you can figure how hard it is to nurse (especially lying down) when your nose is totally plugged?!! So I had to give her a bit more formula in the bottle-where she can sit to drink, and now that is almost all she wants! :( She is old enough to know that the bottle is much easier and faster for her to feed the chubb! I am still trying to nurse her...but she gets so dang irritated that the food isn't coming out fast enough, so she bites...hard...and often.....yeah,...um....maybe formula will be just OK! YEEOooooouuuucccchhhh! I am trying not to worry much about it- as she is obviously NOT starving! :D Plus this is really the first time that I could get some help with the feeding! With four twerps around here, I can use all the help I can get! Amanda and Emily really love to help out, and they are really good with that baby. Amanda even makes the bottles by herself, and Em JUMPS at the chance to feed Izzy, such great girls- we are so lucky!! Sam even likes to hold the bottle for Izzy sometimes, so cute! :D

Just LOOK at those legs!!! Wow, Izzy and Sam wear the same size-4 Diapers, and I must say that she fills them out WAY more than her brother! I mean, heck, He is only two years older than her...tee hee. I have noticed that chubby thighs on Izzy invoke an entirely different emotion in me, than when I notice chubby thighs on myself......*sigh* :D
So today I salute all you chubby babies of the world, and ask you all to give homage to the Leader of the Chubbs,
Queen Elizabeth! :D
tee hee.

8 comments:

Randi said...

Oh my gosh! She looks like a little Sumo! Ok, that's not really a compliment, she's DARLING and I love the chub! Hey, look at it this way, this will be the only time in her life where being chubby is ok. Love it!

Wehrle said...

She is sooo cute! Rememeber how chubby Rya was... well, still is?! I love chubby babies! I love how squwishy ( how do you spell that?!) they are! I haven't seen you for a while, I hope you are all doing good!

Lisa-Lou-Who said...

Man, I wanna meet that girl. And line her up side by side with my midget baby. And I could TOTALLY picture you saying: YEEOooooouuuucccchhhh!

Nicole B. said...

I love the chub!!! My little guy has some chub but I would agree that she is probably the queen. And I totally understand the whole biting thing, going through it myself right now, and yah, Yeeooooouuucccchhh!!

Mica said...

I just can't believe you delivered an almost 11 lb. baby! Wow!!! She is a chunk, but what a cute one!!! She weighs about the same as Austin, and I can't imagine having to carry him around everywhere (especially in a carseat)! Your arms are gonna be so toned! :)

Undaunted said...

Reminds me of my Sammy. He was our little, well not so little, bowling ball. He was so round and chuncky! She is a cutie. And you thighs might not be what you want, but I bet you have some buff arms carring that little, um you know what I meen, lady around. :)

Adri and Cory said...

Oh my ....so cute! I always wanted a chubby baby! Mine never and still haven't made it above the 5th percentile. Actually I take that back...Kodi was in the 90th percentile for her head one time!

Kreller Kaboodle said...

Chunky babies are the best!!