Saturday, September 26, 2009

Spunky Number 7!

OK, it might be a bit late...but thanks to the time sucking vortex of Facebook I have not been updating my blog that much! :D It only takes like 5 minutes to update stuff on FB, and about the same amount of time to catch up with all my friends online! But for those of you who aren't bored to tears by the droning on and on and on of my blog here goes:


My second child, my crazy girl, my looney tunes, my Emily Jayne turned 7 on Sept 26th. Boy how time flies! :D She decided that she wanted a Pirate Princess party...that is just...so...EMILY!!! HA HA HA!!! We went to the Party Store and picked out stuff from the Pirate, Princess, and Halloween sections to create our own custom Pirate Princess Party! :D The above pic would be near the end of her party...after her 'costume change' so she wear her Princess Gown! LOL


She even drew me a picture of what she wanted on her cake...and I think it turned out very well considering the fact that I only decorate cakes on Birthdays...and even then not so well!


She invited about 7 of her friends and almost everyone was able to make it! That girl made out like a bandit!!! She got presents from her family, and tons of gifts from her friends...lots of Littlest Pet Shop stuff, a bunch of Hannah Montana dolls/CD's/Movie, Cute clothes, Computer game, not to mention about $40 in cash..WOW!!! That is more than I got for my last two Bdays by FAR!!! :D
I was either very brave or very stupid in deciding that the kids would do a craft at the beginning of the party. I found these cute boy or girl wooden paintable Pirate figures at JoAnn's so I bought one for each kid, and pulled out my large drawer of acrylic paints. Believe it or not it turned out not too messy or stressful...only Emily managed to get paint on her new shirt *sigh*...just my luck! LOL Notice how Emily is wearing her "Birthday Pirate Princess" Crown...she was the Bday girl so it certainly was appropriate! :D


Amanda was a HUGE help in getting ready for and helping out during the party! She wrote out all the 'clues' for the Treasure Hunt and even kinda directed/helped the kids during the search for the TREASURE!!!

Amanda even buried the 'Treasure Chest' outside in the planter box...see how the rocks made the X that marked the spot? Who knew that there would be treasure in our backyard next to the tomatos????? ;)


We made sure to have LOTS of 'treasure' inside the Chest they dug up for the kids to share! Chocolate Gold Coins, Pirate Skulland crossbones rings, 'jewels', necklaces, chocolate eyeballs...etc.



This is Em SO excited cuz she got the doll that turns from Hannah Montana into Miley Cyrus...and back again, just by twisting the head, pretty cool I gotta say!


With her Birthday money Emily decided to go to Build-a-Bear Workshop and get a couple of new outfits for Fluffy, her bunny. Thank You Grandma Jayne!!! We had a blast, and Amanda was even able to get some new clothes for her Panda, Po-- since she had saved up her Tooth Fairy money! :D I really understand now why the kids love Build-a-Bear so much, the girls have SO MUCH FUN picking out new stuff for thier stuffed pals, it is fun to do and see! Seriously, how beautiful is my Emily?? Notice how she got Fluffy glasses, so they could be the same.
Our Emily is such a fireball, so spunky, so much fun, a wild child...she has a personality as big as her smile...MAN I love my Em!!!!!! Happy Birthday Princess!! Arrrrgggghhhhhh!! :D

2 comments:

farmgirl said...

What a fun party!! Good job, Mom. I am the queen of party duds- I may have been known to pay off of kid or two for not having a party. I love all the stuff you did and the theme is FANTASTIC! Happy Birthday, cute girl!! :o)

Team Furnival said...

Anna wants the same thing for her birthday on Nov. 3rd! Nice to see it already executed successfully.