ESPECIALLY this halloween!
There were more costume changes at our house than on Broadway this Halloween! So bear with me...
It was Super Hero Day on Wednesday 10/27
Super Girl and Wonder Woman were NEVER
this cute...or this modest! LOL
They actually dressed up again at school the next
day on Thursday 10/28, for thier class party's...
but they only took thier costumes to school
to change into them for the last hour of school,
so no pictures for me!
For Activity Days on Thursday evening 10/28
the girls went 'haunted caroling' and
trick-or-treating to a nice
home for the elderly.
Amanda is the Angel
Emily is the Pirate...
strangely appropriate.
Sam's class Halloween Party was on Thursday 10/28
Here is the eager Batman!
Elizabeth didn't care much about dressing up,
she was just really HAPPY with the cute little
treat bag that Sam's AWESOME bus driver, Ms Nancy,
gave both her and Sam.
Candy = happy girl.
Mummy dogs for dinner.
Onto the big Halloween Party for us,
Saturday 10/30 was the big Church
Trunk-or-Treat:
Izzy calls Butterflies "Bug-flies",
her favorite color is pink,
and her favorite thing to wear is a "peety dress"
So when she wanted this skirt and wings
at the store I caved!
I actually bought this Lightening McQueen costume
last year...and Sam did NOT want to wear it then.
Luckily he loved it this year!
I know he has REALLY gotten into
Thomas the Train, but I just couldn't see spending
any more money on costumes when we
had one he really liked!
Maybe next year he can be Thomas!
Pay no attention to my feeble attempt to stablize
the floppy, droopy, foam car with bent wire clothes
hangers and duct tape...all of which fell out
before we got one treat!
Emily wanted to be a Wizard, like
on Harry Potter or Wizard 101,
but we couldn't scrape
together an acceptable outfit, and I wasn't
going to pay like $30 for a cheapo one.
Luckily we have a big old bin of dress-up clothes
from which we created:
The Corpse Bride
Who knew that reanimated Corpses
were so happy with thier lot! ;)
Cleopatra, Queen of ALLLL Egypt!
Seriously has there ever been a prettier Egyptian?
I usually get so annoyed when people
post tons of pics of basically the EXACT same thing
over and over and over.
But Amanda was just SO gorgeous I
can't stop myself!!! :D
Yup, that is a REAL tarantula.
I am SO impressed with my crazy older girls for
being brave enough to hold this nasty creature!
Some friends of ours had thier pet spider's terrarium
as part of thier trunk decor!
(YUCK!)
Emily even wanted to hold it a second time after this!
//shudder//
Sam would look but wanted NOTHING to do with
actually touching it!
Izzy FREAKED out and ran away the second she
figured out that that beastie was real...
THAT'S my girl, she takes after me after all!
Beautiful Snow Queen
and
The Corpse Bride
Emma looks so pretty,
and Emily looks SO CREEPY!
That's my girl! ;D
I love the ward Trunk-or-treat/Chili Cook-off
we have each year! Not only is it fast, safe and easy-
but the kids get to celebrate Halloween
with so many of thier friends!
(not to mention I don't have to cook dinner)
This was as close as I could get trying to get JUST ONE pic
of all four of my twerps together!
Elizabeth just WON'T cooperate on group shots lately!
Here they are tending the candy bowl,
while the other kids finish up the trunk-or-treating.
The annual
dump-out-all-candy-on-the-floor-to-divvy-up-into-piles
activity.
Lizzy couldn't be bothered with ANYTHING but
stuffing as much candy in her mouth as possible.
Gee, ya think he was happy about his haul? :)
Emily and Amanda were a bit more sophisticated
thiers is sorted into 'like' piles, nevermind
that it all got dumped into gallon bags with thier
names on them so I could hide eat safeguard it for them.
Amanda and her stash.
I told them to sort through and pick out the stuff
that they didn't want so I could get rid of it when
trick-or-treaters stopped by our house the next night.
There were only about10 pieces of candy that they didn't want!
Silly little gluttons!
HA HA HA HA
OK, here is ACTUAL
Halloween Night Oct.31st.
Since it fell on a Sunday we mostly
just had a fun time at home as a family.
I did let them dress up,
yet again,
and go visit a couple of our good
friends and neighbors.
All in all it took longer to get dressed up
than it did to visit our friends!
Elizabeth had gooed the Bug-fly costume,
so she was happy to have this
Cinderella Dress.
I {heart} these Batman PJ's,
so multi-purpose!
Zombie Pirate
Cleopatra...gorgeous!
The skeleton on this door started talking,
you can just see Izzy starting to make a break for it!
She did NOT like the spooky skeleton!
Cleopatra: "You cheated!"
Zombie Pirate: "Pirate!!!"
(if you didn't get that reference you must
go watch Pirates of the Caribean again)
and...I'm spent!
Here is to 12 months until we have to
do Halloween again, and it will be on a weekday I think...
so most of the activities should be done all in one day! YAY!!!
Excuse me while I go snag a mini twix bar from the stash,
what? It is where only I can reach it!
MUH-WAH-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!









1 comment:
Halloween went on and on and on and on and on this year--fun, but PLENTY long for me. Your kiddos are adorable, of course, as always!!
Post a Comment