Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It is SNOWING here! :D

It just wasn't feeling like December...let alone Christmas time until today...

YES, YOU DO SEE SNOW!!!
I don't usually write where we live here in this blog, cuz of all the crazies out there, but I will say that it almost NEVER snows here and I was truly excited to see it! We did go home right away and cut our errands short though- everyone's driving skills seem to go down the can after that first snow, and especially when snow is so rare in the area.
It started snowing while we were in Target and when we got out to the car this is the first thing Sam did...so cute! I am glad I had my camera with me!
Amanda and Elizabeth playing in the falling snow! Such great expressions on their faces!

Here are my girls, I wanted to get some pics of all the kids outside in the snow...but Sam was MAD (not upset or miffed...closer to enraged and crushed)that he couldn't find the cars I bought at the store...they are for him for christmas. I thought that I could hide them and he wouldn't remember, he is only 2 years old for heaven sake! But I underestimated his love of all things auto!!! He was really angry, so I caved and ended up letting him open one little car and carry it around....it is currently four hours later and he is still carrying it around.

He may be possessed.

We did a massive Christmas Sugar Cookie extravaganza a few days ago! It was so much fun, you would be amazed at all of the places I found sprinkles after this.

After the girls decorated the Christmas tree Sam could only say...OOOoooooooooooo! Too cute!

THIS would be the reason why we still have only a three foot Christmas tree...that and we have no $$$ and we move WAY too much! :D The kids always have so much fun decorating it and it is easy to put it up where the babies/toddlers can't reach it. :D
I am finally feeling the Christmas spirit with all the snow outside. I know that Trees, gifts and snow are certainly not what Christmas is all about....it is just that I grew up in Northern Idaho- and snow brings back all those memories of family and the Holidays, so many warm fuzzy feelings!
So... MERRY CHRISTMAS!

5 comments:

Casie said...

I agree - snow makes it Christmas! It makes me think of all the mornings our Josh's would shovel the drive ways next to each other, as to allow their wives to leave the house! I was talking to my dad tonight and told him that I didn't think I would be this excited about the snow because I always complained about it, but I am loving it right now! (He pointed out that my feelings for the snow may have shifted since now I don't have to drive over to Enterprise when I was teaching and now I can just enjoy it from the warmth of my house!)

Randi said...

AWESOME!! Palm trees with snow on them! Hope it's headed our way next!!

Mica said...

Your kids look so cute! I love Sam's reaction to the snow! I love to play in the snow, but I sure hate living in it! We have like a foot of it here! Try and picture me shoveling the walkway 9 months pregnant and you'll understand! :)

farmgirl said...

How 'bout this snow?? This is crazy- school canceled for a snow day? Our kids were out playing in it before we were even out of bed...and we get up early!
The bright side of giving the car early is that at least you know he's gonna love it, unless of course it's just old hat by Christmas and he's wondering why Santa would give him something he already has.... :0}

Undaunted said...

That is too fun. My kids are loving the snow we are getting here. Those look like some yummy cookies. And nothing stands between a boy and his cars or legos. :) Merry Christmas