I love ABBA.When I was little I just LOVED this cassette tape of my parent's; of ABBA's Greatest Hits.
(yes, I AM that old :P, I didn't start getting CD's until college) I even took it to BYU with me. But since it was an old band from the 70's I didn't think they were 'cool'. You see I actually cared about that stuff back then! :D Anyway....one day I came home from class and my roomie at Deseret Towers, U-Haul, 4th floor, Room 405
(Man, can I just say that my Freshman year ward ROCKED! Such fun memories...ah, but that is for another post down memory lane)
........tangent anyone?
anyway...where was I? Oh, I came home and Ann was listening to ABBA, I remember standing there in shock! :D At first she was worried about borrowing my tape, which of course I didn't care about (I was really happy we were comfy enough with each other so quickly- to borrow stuff) then I had the realization that ABBA might be cool.
My wonderful Mother-in-Law calls ABBA her favorite housework music, and if you haven't tried it- it is true! You just can't be bummed, even when scraping dried yogurt off of the couch, if you are singing to ABBA. Because you see you can't just listen to ABBA, it is a sin against all positive and good things, you have to sing...and not just hum along, you have to SING!
So my friends, if you haven't seen the Movie version of Mamma Mia the musical...what are you waiting for? For those of you who don't know- Mamma Mia is a really fun musical based on the songs of ABBA, the two guy members of ABBA actually helped create it!I had heard that the movie was great (Thanks for the tip, Lisa!) and so when it came out on DVD this last week...and I saw it at the evil Costco (yet another blog- possibly titled "The Evil Goodness of Costco") I HAD to just buy it. That was yesterday...it has pretty much been playing non-stop since we got home! :D Sam LOVES it! The girls are singing along while they do other stuff, although they do know some of the songs because we have listened to them for years. Silly, funny, and crazy pretty well describes this movie! :D
Izzy, for the first time, started to bounce up and down to the music of Mamma Mia coming from the TV while she was sitting on the floor just playing with her toys . SOOO cute! :D I did video it, but the file was just too big for blogspot- if you are on facebook ya gotta go check her out- so cute!
I guess that all that boppin' and dancin' just tuckered her out! She passed out right on the floor- which she almost never does! :D









3 comments:
Me oh my how can I resist...INDEED! I heart that movie!! Talk about a good time. I talked to some friends who went to a sing along showing in the theater. Hello? How fun would that be? The whole theater on their feet singin' right along. Fabulousness!!!!
I just saw that show and lovd it too! It was different but good! I love musicals and I too have the soundtrack!
P.S. I updated my post but when I look at everyone elses blogs, it says that mine was updated two weeks ago...whatssup wit dat? Do you know?
Post a Comment