Aww, gee thanks...wretched offspring.
We have been VERY lucky here in our desert home, we have really been blessed with some WONDERFUL neighbors. Unfortunately one of our FAVES just moved away! So sad...
*sniffle*
They only moved a couple miles away, but away nonetheless. We are all pretty bummed not to have Kathie, Gregg and thier son Brian just next door! At least one good thing has come from thier decision to move, you see at thier new place there was an old mostly broken fountain in the backyard. Yep, old and broken!
Megan, (I hear you all asking...)WHY oh Why is that a good thing?
Well, because my Husband is a GENIUS!
Since they didn't want it and Josh has ALWAYS wanted a water feature of some sort in our backyard they asked if he wanted it...and after pondering over it for awhile he decided that he could use his mad building skills to rehabilitate said broken fountain. :D
Of course as Josh was working
Izzy decided to 'help' again!
She was really working hard with that shovel!
You can see part of the bottom 'pond' part
of the fountain and one of the big chunks that was broken off.
Luckily Josh can fix juuuuust about anything...
Isn't it so cool? All we had to do was get a new pump
to recirculate the water, and then
Josh used some cement adhesive to fix the bottom part.
(Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
...er, um...I mean the handle of the lawn mower
sticking out into this otherwise perfectly framed photo! ;)
The little statue at the top couldn't be more fitting for our family
A big sister reading to her little sibling?
It happens just about everyday at our house! :D
Gotta love that!
After it was finally fixed Josh pulled a
chair up to it and started reading
(see, I said that the statue was appropriate)
so Sam got out his favorite Thomas the Tank Engine books
and went out to read by Daddy...so cute!
Not to be outdone Izzy did the same thing...
Sam was LESS than happy to share his Thomas books!! LOL
We even found these little solar powered lights
to put around the yard...
with all the sunshine we get here all day
they are brighter than I thought they would be.
Makes our little backyard a bit like a fairyworld at night!
I know it is hard to see in this pic,
I don't have the skills for taking good pics at night
but here are a couple of the lights around the fountain! ;)
Of course what was supposed to be a nice relaxing, calming, addition to our backyard has kinda turned out to be a wading pool,
rock holder,
splash pool,
junk catcher,
mud pond,
and it must have magnetic attraction for Izzy!
She just CAN'T leave the thing alone!
Just this morning all the kids were all decked out
for church and looking so cute
(all the girls decided to wear denim dresses)
I told them to go in the backyard
and I would try to get a few good pics
of my four darling twerps...I came out to find
Sam crawling on his hands and knees in the mud and
Izzy STANDING in the fountain
with her NEW Sandales on...
*sigh*
Ah, Well- she would get into trouble regardless,
we might as well enjoy this lovely fountain
as much as she seems to! LOL
This is SUCH a cute one of my three oldest...
Izzy would NOT sit down,
she was on a mission looking for bugs
and could not be bothered by
Mom's desire to get a pic of my kids
when they DON'T look like street urchins! ;)
Emily and Sam REALLY wanted a pic together,
I love these two wretches!
Izz would only stand by the other kids
if they were examining a bug! ha!
The only one I got of all four of them...
with their faces semi-towards me! HA!!
Anyway, we are throughly enjoying
our little oasis in the backyard...
it is amazing how much cooler it feels
out there with all the plants and the fountain going.
Gotta stay cool here SOMEHOW!









5 comments:
I absolutely LOVE your posts...they are always soooooo entertaining!!
You all have done wonders with you yard. :) LOVVVVEEE IT! I understand the urge to have non-dirted kid pictures. LOL Seems like whenever I get a cute picture, I download it and find that there was a hidden bugger that I didn't see. :P Ah well. Gotta love them.
Beeeautiful!!! Ok, I vote your "Super Genius" husband comes do my back yard next! ;0)
Looooove it! Josh done good! :) I love that Izzy is so attracted to the water feature... I'm waiting for you to post that she was naked swimming in it... oh, it will happen! When it gets HOT... that diaper is comin' OFF! LOL :D
FUN!!! Your yard seriously looks awesome! I'm so jealous! I probably have 5 times as much yard, but most of it is weeds! So frustrating....too bad everything takes money! :( Love your new fountain....it's amazing how those little ones are so attracted to water and dirt! At least Izzy didn't do what my Shae did in my last post....especially all ready for church! You probably would have just died! :) Are you guys near Warm Springs at all? We are actually coming down there this weekend!
Post a Comment