I know I posted most of these pics on facebook already...but I am planning on printing up my blog to a book in the future (it will probably be the ONLY way I ever get caught up on my scrapbooking! ;) Anyway, I need to document how much fun we had doing the Susan G. Koman Race for the Cure this year!
My bestest buddy here has been fighting Breast Cancer for about 18months so far. We have so much in common it is scary, I mean her hubby is convinced that somehow we were separated at birth...regardless of our actual birthdays! Kristine and I are true Kindred Spirits...in every way!!! She is an AMAZING person, and we have FAR too much fun together for it to be entirely legal! LOL ;) So when Kristine told me that she was Captain of the team PINK POWER for the Race this year we were HAPPY to sign up! Josh and I weren't sure if the little ones would cooperate soooo I asked the older girls if they wanted to do the race with me, and Josh stayed home with the little kids. I explained all about how long the race was and what it was for...and almost before I finished both Amanda and Emily said that they REALLY wanted to do it with me! :)
So FAR too bright and early for a Saturday morning,
May 1st 2010 we got up and ready,
tied our pink ribbons in our hair
(Yep, we ALL had piggie tails tied with pink ribbons...
oh yeah, we rock!!!),
piled into the van and headed off to the Las Vegas Strip
to participate in the 'Race' for the Cure.
(I put the word 'race' in quotes cuz we walked it...
not much racing involved! hee hee hee)
We parked over at the Cashman Center
and took a shuttle to the Start Line.
Amanda made sure to mention that
"This bus is WAAAAY nicer than our school bus"
and Emily REALLY wanted to use the bus bathroom....
nevermind that the ride was about 2 minutes!
LOL, no kidding girl!
Amanda harrassed me for the iPod
before the race even started!
And what did she choose to listen to?
The Twilight Soundtrack...of course.
That's my girl.
(Oh, we couldn't find her sunglasses that morning
so that is why she is wearing these HUGE ones,
they are mine! HA HA HA)
Me and my Roses!
My Emily lookin' as cool as she always IS,
me not quite as cool but that is soooo OK! LOL
Kristine's SURVIVOR Tshirt, pretty cool design I think!
Our Fearless Leader,
Survivor Supreme,
OH CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN!!! ;)
I LOVE you Kristine!!! :D
It was shockingly easy to find enough pink stuff for my girls to wear...
OK, well...not so shocking! ;)
They had planned out exactly what they wanted to wear
WEEKS before! :)
Emily and her buddy Emma (Kristine's oldest)
walking hand in hand, they did this for quite a long while!
Seriously, how CUTE are they?
Emma and Emily each with an earbud,
with Amanda playing DJ!
See, Super hero-ness runs in the family!
MY own personal super friend Kristine and her littlest Gracie!
Aren't they cute!!! :D
Just a small glimpse of the THOUSANDS of folks
that came out to support this GREAT cause!
Emily finally got the music all to herself...
she looks so serious about her tunes! LOL
Self-Portrait by Amanda.
(one of the VERY few that do NOT
have a nice view up her nose! ha ha ha)
Almost to the home stretch back on Fremont Street.
5K is a long walk for two little girls,
and my Em needed a little lift...
so being the wonderful Mama I am I gave it to her! :)
(funny how NOT tired she looked
as soon as I started carrying her...
hummm...suspicious...)
My big girls coming up to the finish line hand in hand!
Makes me SO happy!!!
:D
Some of our wonderful friends
participating in the Race as well.
Me, Amber, Kristine, and Jenn...
I LOVE these ladies!
We have SUCH great girls in our SVR Ward,
it is ALWAYS GREAT to spend time with them!
My Gorgeous Emily and Amanda at the finish line!!!
I am SO proud of them for choosing to do the race!
My BFF, late-night fb companion, Extreme Twilighter,
PS junkie, fellow BYU grad, TV Show discussion buddy, neighbor,
book share-er, Eddings reader, kindred spirit
...basically my long lost sister somehow separated at birth
...KRISTINE!!!
I love you girl! :D I am PROUD to be your friend,
amazed at your AWESOME attitude while
kicking Breast Cancer squarely in the butt,
and so honored to be on your team for this race...
PINK POWER all the way baby! :D
My Amanda and I so happy we are DONE walking! ;)
OK, Amanda noticed this in the sky,
just tilt your head a biiiiit to the left...do you see it?
It looks EXACTLY like the little pink ribbon logo
for the Susan G. Koman foundation, amazing!!!
Right after we finished the race
we were standing around eating and talking
when Amanda told me to look up! :D
Now THAT is a good omen!!!
Barton and Neilson girls happily eating some
yummy fresh fruit provided to the 'racers' ;)
We rode the shuttle back to where we had parked the van...
the girls complaining of total exhaustion...
but obviously not too exhausted to pass up
this PERFECT hill for rolling down...
rolling down three times!
HA!
Me and my girls after getting home from the race,
at home in our backyard.
I am so proud of them for choosing to do it,
it was great fun and I hope
we can do it again next year! :D
:D
I am one proud Mom!









No comments:
Post a Comment