Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Pea-Pickers



Last Sunday 5/23/2010 we had our first 'official' harvest from our little garden! YAY!!!  The Sugar Snap Peas are going NUTS and we finally had enough to harvest them to go with our BBQ dinner (yeah, still BBQin' a TON) We love our backyard.  It was so cool to be able to eat yummy veggies that we grew all ourselves!

Quite a nice sight to find in the backyard after I ran to go find my camera!!!

Amanda was SO excited to FINALLY get to pick the peas!  She has 'sampled' them several times, and was VERY anxious to get a much LARGER sample! LOL


Emmy was very happy about the growing number of peas she was collecting.


Finally all of Josh's hard work diggin' in the dirt is paying off! :)

Emily even volunteered to wash them so we could eat 'em up!

Gardening is not only a FUN family activity...but a YUMMY one too! ;)

3 comments:

farmgirl said...

Love, Love, Love the garden!! Congrats on collecting enough to actually serve with dinner...something I've yet been able to accomplish--the kids are loving them too much!
Your whole backyard is just too gorgeous for words, isn't it great that a backyard can pretty much function as an addition to the house?
And now, I would like to give you my 'I have a Dream' speech....I have a dream that SOME day (before the children leave for college) we will actually get all these crazy punks together, just sayin'
K. That's all.

Michelle Campbell said...

What an awesome garden!! Wow!! I'm so impressed! And your hubby pickin' in dress clothes! nice. haha. I just hopped on here off of your facebook. I never knew you had a blog. Now I'll have to stalk you a little bit. :)

Lisa-Lou-Who said...

Looks pretty awesome. Your kids are just growin up huh? So are you ever going to visit me or what? Oh, and btw, Nicole B is preggers in case you hadn't heard. I think she's havin another girl. Love your garden. Too bad all my plants froze to death here in the Arctic Circle. I need to go buy some more. I grew the first ones from tiny little seeds and then they died. Boo hoo.