Wednesday, June 30, 2010

June Rhymes With DOOM!

     I have had SO much insane stuff happen the last couple weeks in June...but since I just HATE being a downer I have refrained from blogging about it and bringing y'all down too! ;)  Now that the worst of the chaos is behing me I shall catch you all up- in the most comical positive way possible of course!  Please excuse this post if you and I are friends on facebook, as you all have heard my constant complaining, I hope it wasn't too negative!  I HATE it when someone is sooooooo negative ALL the time on fb...it makes me crazy!  OKey Dokey... here I go!
     Josh and I had our 13th Anniversary on the Sunday June 20th...unfortunately Josh was still up in St.George, UT taking care of his brother who just had knee surgery!  Stinks, but after 13 years, we are mellow enough to be able to celebrate on another day without ANY drama! LOL ;)  That Sunday was Fathers Day as well, so that stinks as well, but the kids gave him thier cards and gifts when he got back, and all was OK.
     Happily my week only got better because we had a fun Relief Society Activity on Thursday the 24th at the church.  It was right after Amanda's Activity Day's meeting (also at the Church Building), so that worked out pretty well.  It was crazy to have all 4 twerps there, but I had a pretty good night anyway!  My day had been kinda nuts and I had planned on going to the grocery store that day, but just didn't get around to it....this seemingly random fact makes sense later.
     So Thursday night Emily woke up in the middle of the night and barfed, and Barfed, and BARFED...luckily she is old enough to recognize that nauseous feeling so I had a bucket handy and she hit that every time! YAY for older kids!  She was up over and over that whole night.  I think I finally got to sleep about 4:30am...the sky was already starting to lighten when I collapsed in bed.  UGH!!!  Needless to say I was totally useless the entire next day!  When Izzy went down for her nap I was able to doze off with my Emily for a few minutes, not nearly long enough...but better than nothing!  Needless to say Emily stayed home from school on Friday.  So of course late Friday night Sam came running into my bedroom RIGHT after I had dozed off yelling he was gonna barf...
note:  he ran PAST TWO BATHROOMS on his way so my bedside...
He then clamped his hands over his mouth and turned into a human vomit fountain/sprinkler.
*sigh*
     Sooooo after I got him all cleaned up and he seemed to be feeling a bit better, he fell asleep all tucked into Josh's side of my bed (don't worry I covered the bed in towels just in case) with the bucket right next to him.  I proceeded to spend a nice chunk of the next couple hours cleaning vomit out of the carpet, side of our mattress, bedside table, dresser drawers and hardware.....*DEEP SIGH*
Wow, that was a long night!
     Luckily Sam didn't barf anywhere NEAR as much or as often as Emily did!  AND Josh came home late that Saturday night...he was gone about two weeks, and they were LOOOOOOOONG weeks! ;)  Izzy had an upset tummy so we decided to keep them ALL home from church the next day, I REFUSE to take sick kids to church to spread the germs. 
     I woke up to a phone call on Sunday morning from one of our Credit Card companies...asking about some 'suspicious' charges over the last couple of days.  Now remember I needed to go to the groc store, but when you are stuck at home with barfy kids you do NOT go run errands, so I hadn't left the house since I got back from the church on Thursday night.  I went to my purse....and there was no wallet to be found. 
You
have
got
to
be
kidding
me.
Someone stole my wallet right out of my purse when I was at the Church building.
*Deep WRACKING SIGH*
Here was the damage:
-There were over $2000 in charges on the different cards, and even my debit card. 
-I almost NEVER carry cash but of course this time I had around $40 in there, that may not seem like alot to you but that is ALOT of money to those of us living on Med School Loans! 
-I only have...er, check that, I only HAD one kind of ID, my drivers license, so I spent all of Monday morning at the DMV to get a paper telling me my Drivers License will be mailed to me in 7-10 business days for the low low price of $17.  Since I have no ID and no Cards I can't buy or do just about anything until it comes in the mail!
-Cancelled ALL my cards, and spent WAY too long on the phone that Sunday morning going over charges that weren't mine.
-There were THREE Costco Movie Vouchers in my wallet...CURSES!!!  :(  = $22
-My Bday gift card to Old Navy from my lovely Sister in Law Bekah was in my wallet   = $20
-ALL of our Insurance cards were in there, so I had to spend forEVER on the phone reciting everyones info, SSN, blah blah blah requesting new ones.
-and my TICKET TO THE MIDNIGHT SHOWING OF ECLIPSE was in there.
{deep breath}  ALL the midnight showings were already sold out, I was totally freaking out!  Luckily we were going with a big group that had reserved seating, so the manager was totally cool and let me come in! :)  I {heart} you nice Theater manager guy!  (I will do a post about that night too, it was GREAT)

I dispise dishonest people.

...unless the person needed $$$ for thier sick grandmas medicine or to feed thier kids I wish VERY nasty things on them.
OK, I am done with my GRRRRRRR at them!  I don't need that bad feeling, I want GOOD vibes! I refuse to let this throw my Chi off anymore than it already has, so I am just gonna be happy that they didn't take my whole purse...I would have lost my FAVE lip gloss! LOL ;D  At least I did get a better Drivers License pic, I HATED the old one I had! :D
     So Tuesday while Josh, Izzy and I were out running some errands to the Home Depot Amanda's school called and informed us that she had NOT in fact escaped the 'bug' we had.  She barfed at school after lunch, they took her temp and since she had no fever they sent her back to class.  What?  I swear.  Anyway, when she got home from school she was still feeling sick.  She was VERY worried that she wouldn't be able to go to the midnight showing of Eclipse with me, luckily she was feeling totally better after dinner and got to go...but as I said earlier, that is for another post.

So, you can see how I haven't had much time for my witty and charming blog lately...like I ever have time! LOL ;)  I am actually going to go back and blog about some stuff that I have missed, I am planning on putting the actual DAY of the event on the blog post not the day I post it.  Did that make sense?  I am going to (someday when I can afford it) print up my blog into a book, so I want to document all of our family comings and goings on here in some kind of chronological order! :)  I love this bloggy thing...it is so handy!  ;)
Oh, and I love all my wonderful friends that put up with my bloggyness...you are all so nice...and would be EVEN nicer if you would comment on my life.  What? Everyone needs some validation in the world! ;) 
hee hee hee

2 comments:

farmgirl said...

Oh Hi!! Where have I been? How did I not know you blogged? I shall blame it on the craziness of summer!
You are my shining example of looking on the bright side....I will think of you often when I start to grumble (although it usually is an internal grumble) about the stresses in my own life.

And of course you tell it all with a smile.

I like you.

And, yes, I agree comments are a nice thing. Where have all the commenters gone any way?

Randi said...

CRAZINESS!! Glad you got to see your movie, tho. Sad about the other losses. Hope you are all doing better now, too.