My Handsome little man turned 4 this month. His Birthday was June 8th...although we celebrated it a bit later with the girls being in SLC, then Josh being in St.George taking care of his brother who had knee surgery. Finally we partied hard, and Sam enjoyed his Birthday Party VERY much! :D
Sam couldn't WAIT for his Birthday Party! His preschool teacher, Ms.Jena had her Bday the day before and he would NOT stop talking about "My Sammy Barton's Birthday PARty!"
What other cake could I make for my Sam than a Train cake?
He wanted chocolate...and all I had was a brownie mix, so we
went with that, and it was OK! I didn't frost them much
on purpose, a tiny bit of frosting on brownies is good
too much is yucky! Sam didn't see it till party-time, and
he was SO HAPPY that he got a...
(and I quote him...)
"A TRAIN CAKE for SAMMY BARTON!!!",
and who else do I have to please
but the Birthday boy? :D
Gotta love Emily's supportive blowing-out-the-candles face.
Perfect, one Brownie Train Car for each twerp.
(um...yeah I realized that Izzy had taken her clothes off
except for her diaper AFTER I took all the pics...*sigh*)
I
LOVE
THE LOOK
ON IZZY'S FACE...
Classic.
"What is WRONG with these people?"
OK, this is the only picture I have of Sam actually opening
a gift. Since we actually had the party a few weeks
after his Birthday his gifts were in a big old bag up in
the laundry room. I just didn't realize how good he is at
rigging up climbing 'equipment'. So he got into
his presents before they were wrapped.
and since it was past his birthday I figured
WHY should I make him wait?
So he got a couple Thomas movies,
a Thomas story book,
a talking Thomas and James,
train track,
battery powered trains,
does anyone see a pattern here?
'Cars' fold up play-mat of Radiator Springs...perfect
for the everything-with-wheels enthusiast like Sam.
Here is his BIG gift.
This kid LOVES Thomas the Train.
It is a deep and abiding love.
We got a big old expansion track set for the set he
already has, along with two more VERY annoying, er...
um, VERY fun battery powered engines.
He had Thomas, and now we welcome
Percy and James.
This particular track set-up was courtesy of Josh...
he does ALL toy set-up BIGTIME! ;)
Sam loves these trains!
My bestest little boy, how time flies!!!
How can he be FOUR already?
(As you can see he is wearing his Thomas underwear,
he finally is potty-trained as of a couple months ago.
HALLELUJAH!!!)









No comments:
Post a Comment