Saturday, October 25, 2008

October should be COLD!!

I am telling you, I have a hard time with the lack of season change here! All through growing up and, except our year in Texas, we have lived where there is a Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter...all separate, and different.
It was like 90 degrees here today.
*sigh*
So weird.
Wearing flip flops year round is strange. Last year we never even got out the girls heavy winter coats. Perfect example- this was just last week:
Yup they are in their swimsuits, making a disgusting mud/clay mess of our backyard. Gross. Plus being the mean old Mom that I am they are required to hose themselves off before even THINKING about coming inside. They were outside until far after dark...that is when I reminded them that the bugs would be out when it was dark. It took about 3.2 seconds for them to race inside! :) Heh, heh, heh!!! Brainwashing works.

2 comments:

Casie said...

I miss the season change here too. We are going home for Thanksgiving and I am a little nervous about how to pack - we went to Utah during the Jewish break and we were freezing our rears off! (Wouldn't that be wonderful if that expression was a real thing!?) :) I feel your pain on the seasons.

angie said...

where do you live now exactly? i love the seasons too, but i'm getting a little scared for winter. here in omaha it's winter FOR-EV-ER. i would be lovin' it if my kids could be outside playing without freezing to deahth.