So many days I feel disconnected with life outside of my house. I absolutely wouldn't trade my life for anyone elses...but it is so easy to get so wrapped up in taking care of Josh, the kids, and the house that I kinda forget myself! You don't have to be a SuperMom to get sucked into the SuperMom syndrome! You know when we are always thinking that we should do more, be more, clean more, basically be perfect. WE CAN'T! I have GOT to do my best and know that I have done my best, and be satisfied! :) That is easier said than done! I was just reading my good friend Lisa's blog (thanks again Lis!) and she said she loved her blog. I do too! It changes the impersonal time and contact on the computer/internet into such a cool interactive (with humans that is :) ) experience! With how busy all of our lives are it is nice to be able to reach out and keep in touch and keep informed about friends lives. When my life seems so boring, it is sooooo fun to get some understanding and feedback on my silly stories and psycho life! So please even if it isn't much of a comment, leave it anyway! It is nice to have that connection with so many great friends! When it is naptime, or movie time and I can't leave my house (yet again) it is nice to have such an easy link to the 'outside world'. :D This sounds kinda cheesy, but what can I say? I like cheese! :)
I think that something else I really need to do is to make a greater effort to keep life fun! The kids make that easy on most days, but I really want to plan fun outings and do other activities for us all. I guess I have been feeling this way for awhile because the last few months (well year and a half) have been really challenging! Having Josh in Med school is difficult- for both of us! As hard as it is to have to do most everything at home on my own I still think he has the shorter end of the stick! Not being able to spend time with or even see me or the kids very much...that totally stinks! I am a list-type person, so here are the things I need to work on around here!!!
Today I am vowing:
1. Less TV (for us all- CURSE YOU DISH NETWORK)
2. More playtime for the kids AND Mama together!
3. Better time management/organization on those chores that I might hate, but have to be done anyway!
4. Find excercise time...*sigh* Oh, how I hate it, and am having a really impossible time finding the energy and time to go and do it. ugh.
5. More time with just Josh and I- like an actual DATE...weird idea, huh? Yeah, I don't know how to work this one out cuz between Josh's crazy schedule and four kids it is practically impossible!! But I will make the resolution to do it and figure out the 'how' later! :)
6. Enjoy the little things! Stop cleaning the dishes and sit down and play with the baby...the dishes aren't going anywhere, and Izzy gets bigger every day! Too soon she will be a toddler, and with how crazy my life is I gotta make myself STOP and smell the roses...or smell the spit-up I should say! :)
7. Get more sleep! Part of this is out of my control, because Sam has been challenging the whole sleeping thing, but we are working on it! I would pay 1 million dollars (that is if I had 1 million dollars) for 10 hours of uninterrupted sleep....ahhhhh...sounds like heaven!!! ;)
8. Having some quiet Mama-only time, and not feeling guilty about it! THAT no-guilt is the hard part! ;P
OK, somehow this blog entry ended up like a whiney Journal entry- ah, well, so what?! That is just another great thing about blogging...it is my own little soapbox and I can yowl on it if I want to! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









3 comments:
You do not even sound like a whiner! And I totally feel the same way about all the stuff you just wrote about - seriously, I would almost assume that you stole my thoughts, so it is really nice to know that I am not the only wife of a med student to feel this way. Hey, I want to shout this idea out to you and you can let me know what you think, but I feel the same way about the whole date thing with our Josh's (that's funny that they have the same name) and maybe we could do something like a kid swap each week so we could do a date night with our hubbies? Like one on Friday, we could watch your kids and on Saturday you could watch Brig or we could do every other weekends or something??? And we could work out the geography later, like if you want to watch Brig at your house or my house, and vice versa, whatever. Let me know...but anyways, I feel the same way you do about everything, so hang in there!
I am glad I could inspire you! :) I have been totally feeling the "pain" of being a SAHM lately and sometimes you really do have to take a step back, count to ten and say: "This isn't going to last forever and I have to make the most of it." It is really really hard though. I love your resolutions. Look at you go! It isn't even January! :)
Well, you know exactly how I feel! I posted something the other day and I was bummed to come back later and see 0 comments! And I thought man, I have no life...I'm waiting for the computer to respond! It's funny how we just need that little connection! I really need to get out more! I'm so sick of being pregnant right now I'm about to go insane! 5 wks is just too long to have to deal with this gigantic belly and everything else that goes with it! I'm seriously having Cedar City withdrawals....we had a lot of fun there and just got out of the house more! Let's all move back and live on the same street again
-k- Then maybe you could help motivate me to do better (ha, ha)! Well, good luck Megan....ttyl :)
Post a Comment