Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sugar High...Sugar Coma!

Just like everyone else I have got to post some pics of the kids on Halloween. It was fun, our ward had chili contest/dinner and a trunk-or-treat, that ended up getting crashed by a bunch of teens from the surrounding neighborhood lookin' for free candy handout...grrrrrr. Anyway...here is a photo record of our Halloween!
Our 'fancy' Halloween party. We only do the BEST, Peanut Butter and Jelly, and Peanut Butter and Honey Halloween shaped sandwiches...yes I know we spared no expense! My sister says the corn chips are an exceptional add! :)
Amanda the Witch and Emily the Angel- so cute! Thanks to ebay and 50%off day-before-Halloween sales we were able to get both of these costumes and accessories for under $30, not bad huh?
Each year since Josh came home from Iraq he dresses up in his Dishdashti- tradional dress for the happenin' Middle Easterner. He also had on the red and white patterned headdress with the black rope to keep it on...but Izzy kept pulling on it, and she didn't really like Daddy with the big weird thing on his head! She is just wearing her black kitty-cat shirt, easy!
This was Sam's placement during almost all of Trunk-or-treating! He was exhausted, and fell asleep- out cold- during the five minute drive to the Church building! Poor guy, I think that he figured it was easier to take a nap and let the girls collect all the candy, and just steal it later! Totally worked! You can see his fave animal he sleeps with- the Giraffe, so I found a giraffe costume, appropriate I thought! You can just see it on the floor of the car. When I tried to put it on him, he FREAKED out like I was trying to kill him. *sigh* Shows what I know!
The kids got plenty of candy at the activity, but a couple of our neighbors really wanted them to stop by. Sam was awake then, so we grabbed the cape from the dress-up box and he instantly became "Super Sam"...the jammies, brown socks and shoes certainly finish the outfit! But he was happy and excited to head out the door with his candy bag hanging from the crook of his arm! Too cute!
At our neighbors door. She actually made each of my kids a special Halloween Treat Bag, so sweet!!! Gotta love great neighbors!
Just these two fingers were all the treat Izzy wanted. Yup, she is following in Sam's footsteps and has already started sucking these two fingers. *sigh*
We got this great candy bowl, when you reach in this creepy boney skeleton hand pops out of a hidden compartment in the bowl and clacks around. Totally FREAKED Sam out when we first got it, I mean he wouldn't even sit in the cart with it at the store. But now he loves to play with it, and just pretend to be scared! :)

SUGAR COMA!!!!
Shhhhhhhh! Sisters are passed out!
All in all Halloween was really fun, and they are already planning for next year! :)

No comments: