Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Summer, Summer, Summer-tiiiiime!!!

OK, so I know that 'technically' it isn't summer yet...but considering the fact that it is going to be 95 degrees here today, and we have had our A/C on since Feb...Summer is Offically here regardless of the calander!!

Even though I truely HATE the high temps of summer in this forsaken desert, it is nice to get the kids playing outside again. If we can ever control the stupid spider Population in our backyard I would be more at ease with them playing out there. *sigh*
CURSE YOU BLACK WIDOWS!!!!!


Even though we are lucky enough to have our own backyard the thing is TINY! And there is NO frontyard. The backyard is so small that in order to show you all how teensy it is I feel like I should take a pic with a $1 bill in it for size comparison ;) Anyhoo, our garage faces a much less busy cross street than the one we actually live on- and there are a bunch of parents that sit outside and watch all the twerps play on that less busy street. The kids have a blast finally having room to be all crazy and kid-like! The above pic is Emily helping Sam to ride a scooter...this picture taken right before she went to fast and he biffed it on the ground. Don't worry he is a tough guy! :D


Amanda is quite the jump-rope queen, and obviously a nutcase to boot...thus this pic! :D hee hee, still makes me giggle!



Since the kids need more room than we have we like to go to a huge park down the highway a bit. With Amandas help Sam discovered the 'park telephone' system...they had a blast! Sam thought it was just hysterical! :D


After all that playing and running around these two usually CRASH as soon as we get inside...too cute! :D This was actually taken on Easter weekend when we stayed with Grandpa and Grandma Barton, but the same principle applies and it is just too cute not to share!
So to all of you upset because it snowed last week, think of me stuffing my kids into the Van that is parked outside in the sun...and probably 130 degrees inside...ugh.
Do we really, really need milk? Doesn't seem worth it when it is this hot! :D
(I am chanting my mantra: two more years, two more years, two more years.......)

1 comment:

Leilani said...

Wahoo! I love the good ol' summertime too! of course, we can't fry an egg on the side walk, but finally! Cute pic of emily and sam sleeping! Those are my fav pics, bet you can guess why?!