Saturday, May 16, 2009

"You gotta find a pawprint..."


OK, most of you know that I love to scrapbook! I don't have the time and mostly the space to really do it as much like I want...but I am trying! :D


When Amanda-8 was little (yeah yeah yeah so I am about 6 years behind! *sigh*) she LOVED Blues Clues, I mean she could watch it all day long! :D She eventually started singing and dancing along with Blue and Steve (This was before Joe came along) I got some really cute pics of her doing just that! I really wanted this layout to be special, since Blues Clues was such a fave of hers! Being broke I usually try to make most of my own embellishments, which is satisfying, fun, but REALLY time consuming! :D This was no exception...but I think I might have gone a bit overboard here! ;) Yep, I made ALL of the embellishments...well except for the character stickers I used, I am NOT that good! LOL! I just got a nice big Blues Clues book as a reference and tried to make it look as close as possible! I am pretty dang happy with the results!

I want you to notice the little Steve Character on the left side of this pic...Emily was helping me place stuff on the page and she noticed that I didn't have a sticker of Steve, so she made me one! How cute is THAT! :D That little girl is SO INTO her crafty creations, it is quite impressive, plus she even cut him out for me!


Even though the 'scene' takes up most of this layout I LOVE the pics of Amanda, she was so cute! My scrapbooking is all about the photos and the story they tell, this is one of the few instances that the embellishments take up more room than my pics! I hope it isn't too overpowering, but it was so easy to get carried away! :D

One layout down, and a bijillion to go!!! :D

3 comments:

Undaunted said...

What a great page. I like scrapbooking if I have ideas from someone else in front of me. lol Sad I know. :P

Nicole B. said...

Holy smokes woman! That is some major work you put into that layout, nice job. I am seriously impressed.

farmgirl said...

I am soooo impressed!! I have never scrap booked a day in my life...rather pathetic, huh? I guess it will give me something to look forward to doing one day when all these little twerps are gone--and when that day comes, I'm coming to you for help!! :D
Your Blues Clues pages are super cute--Adam was a huge BC fan back in the day....Ahhh, the memories. :)