Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Breaking in the Dawn

Well, here it is my very first blog...Sometimes I swear I am older than 33 *sigh* Perhaps someday all of this blog-o-sphere stuff will be easy for me, but since I gotta start somewhere here I GO!!
I am just finishing my second read of the fourth book in the Twilight series, Breaking Dawn. Yeah, yeah, it has only been out for four days- you can only imagine the state of my house, deplorable- and it is amazing my children are all still alive! I don't know what it is but I really love these books! This last one is so great, the first few seemed like I was reading something out of the Young Adult section of the library...oh yeah I was. Not that I didn't like them...LOVED them. But Breaking Dawn was so much more interesting on an adult level, and I don't mean adult naughty X-rated level, just more grown up. I liked it. Now that I have no new book to look forward to my life feels a bit empty, kindof the same way I felt after I finished Potter #7. Seriously, I have got to get a life. I know I have a crazy busy life with the kids, Josh, and taking care of the whole household - but perhaps this blogging thing will be something just for me. I think us stay-at-home moms don't have enough interests outside of our everyday 'duties'. Not that I am complaining! I love that I get to stay home, sometimes I do feel that my brain is slowly petrifying for lack of use! Yup, this college grad can hardly help Amanda with her third grade math homework!!! AAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH! Perhaps I need to do some stuff for me to be able to balance everything else? You know what they say, if Momma ain't happy ain't nobody happy! tee hee.
Well speaking about everything else- the table is covered in syrup, Sam is still up at 10pm, 'Cars' is still playing on a TV somewhere and there are only three loads of clean laundry piled on my bed- in the same room where Izzy will be waking wanting her 3rd dinner any minute! Goodnight for now!

2 comments:

Leilani said...

Megan!!!! My love, my very best neighbor, long lost friend...it is wonderful to see you blogging. I heard about your mamouth child you birthed. How in the heck. I was having a competition with you, and we were tied, but I'm giving you the gold medal and dropping out. YOU WIN!! Post more pics of your kids, I can't wait to see them. Are you ever going to come visit. We miss you... welcome to the blogging world - who knew old ladies blogged!
your best neighbor ever,
Leilani

Megan said...

Hey Megan! This is great! Now that you're an offical blogger we can keep in touch. It's been a while and I'm so glad to hear how you're doing. Congrats to you too on your sweet baby. I'm right there with you about missing the Cedar City girls. We had so much fun didn't we? I hope Nevada isn't to bad. Have you started your own "girls night" yet? Anyway, keep in touch.